Monday 7 October 2013

Autumn and Winter Lip Favourites!

Now Summer has well and truly left us, it might be time to invest in some more seasonal lip colours! I'm talking reds, purples and the occasional neutral, to liven up a more autumnal wardrobe. I always get really excited when buying new lipsticks, especially when they are in a completely different shade to what I have been used to. With it being Summer, I have been wearing lots of bright and pale pinks but now it's time for a change!

Before I get into my favourite colour choices, it becomes even more imperative this time of year to ensure your lips are well mousturised before you apply your lipstick. To do that well, you need a good lip balm. I'm fairly sure most of you can guess which products I am going to suggest now. Yes, Maybeline Baby Lips. I'm not even sure why I love them so much, but I do and so does every other beauty blooger out there- they're really cheap too! But, if you do fancy a change, I also really love the MUA Power Pout Colour Intense Tint and Balms- they mousturise just as well but give you a flash of colour for the same price as a Baby Lips balm.






1. Maybelline Baby Lips, 'Cherry Me'
2. Maybelline Baby Lips, 'Hydrate'
3. MUA Power Pout Colour Tint and Balm, 'Irreplaceable'
4. MUA Power Pout Colour Tint and Balm, 'Runway'


Obviously all of the above are quite faint colours, so you will need a more pigmented lip stick to go over the top. I have swatched my favourite A/W shades to share with you! These are my absolute must haves- from both last year and this year- what's even better is a few of them can be mixed together to create new colours, so you could see this as your 'capsule lipstick collection' I suppose! I've included the bloggers favourites- a couple of Rimmel Kate lipsticks, they were too good to miss out!





1. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate, Shade 110
2. Maybelline Colour Sensational, 'Midnight Plum' / Number 338
3. Revlon Super Lustrous, 'Blushed' / Number 420
4. Maybelline Colour Sensational, 'Coral Tonic' / Number 422
5. Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate, Shade 107

All of these colours are great for A/W, Midnight Plum is great for mixing with reds to get a lovely deep pinky red colour! They all have pretty good staying power and work great for day to night looks. Summer may be over, but I'm still not ready to ditch my coral colours just yet. My personal favourite is number 5, Kate in 107. This is my newest colour so I'm still excited to wear it. It's such a lovely deep red, perfect for a plain or black outfit.

Which colours are you favourites? 
Hope you're all okay!



7 comments:

  1. Awesome lip favorite! please follow my blog
    http://www.ambifashion.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! following you back now :) x

      Delete
  2. Wow great Post! I LOVE your blog, and would love if you followed me! <3
    http://fleurdebonheurs.blogspot.com

    Also, love the lipstick colors <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! will check it out now :) x

      Delete
  3. Heya! Your blog is really interesting and has really inspired me! it would be amazing if you could check my blog out - http://sptbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    Thanks! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! have followed you on bloglovin! x

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much! xx

      Delete