Saturday 17 August 2013

Fruit Sundae's: Nice and Not Remotely Naughty!

You may or may not have heard me mention my recent health-kick, so far I haven't been a complete failure but I am finding the sweet cravings hard to tackle. This is mind, I thought there just had to be a way for me to get my sugar fix and not feel like I need to just eat leaves for the next few days.

Last night I came up with the perfect solution! Fruit Sundae's. Possibly one of the nicest and feel good desserts I have ever eaten, and it perfectly fuilfills that infuriating sugar craving, without having you reaching for the Ben and Jerry's.

If you wanted to have a bash at one yourself, here's a brief how-to:

You will need:

 -Choose your fruit
-Grab a couple of fat free yoghurts (I've gone for strawberry and vanilla)
- Get some Granola- mine is crunchy nut granola with chocolate and hazelnuts
-Sauce (mine is chocolate)
-Glasses

1. I started by swirling some chocolate sauce into the glasses. Then I popped them into the fridge for the sauce to set while I chopped my fruit.

2. I washed and chopped my strawberries first, then popped them in a bowl with 2 tbs of sugar because I often find strawberries to be a little sour (and these were Sainsbury's Basics, so had check they were sweet!) and then I popped them into the fridge as well.

3. I continued to chop most of my fruit up. After 10/15 mins of chopping, grab your glasses from the fridge and start layering up! I started with a dollop of yoghurt and then added some fruit (don't forget your strawberries!), then granola. I followed this pattern until my glass was full then added a final sprinkle of granola and a drizzle of sauce to finish. 

4. And voila! 



 A few tips:

- I found that this size glass was just too big, today I made a similar thing with just peaches and vanilla yoghurt with granola and sauce in a much smaller glass and it was so much better!

- Ensure all your fruit compliments each other- I used a lot of different fruits as an experiment but I found that some just didn't work together.

- If you do use treat sauce, maybe use it throughout some of the layers as well for an extra sweet kick!

It's never gonna be a TGI's Oreo Sundae substitute but it will cure the more frequent sugar cravings!

What do you think?

On another note, you can now like Princesses and Pink Champagne on Facebook by clicking here.

Happy Saturday!





No comments:

Post a Comment