Tuesday 27 August 2013

Aztec Nails

Hello my lovlies! It's been a little while since I've posted anything about nails, so here is a cheeky little how to for you to feast your eyes over.

Aztec is arguably one of the key trends for summer every year, so why not channel it through nail art?

I had a little time the other day and thought I would try out my brand new Barry M Nail Art Pen.

Black Nail Art Pen, £4.99, Barry M
It took a little while to actually get any polish out of it, had to pump it a good few times on a tissue before it worked properly, which was quite annoying but in the end I got it working. It is worth knowing that, at the minute, this pen also comes in white and pink.

Anyway...

First of all, after my base coat, I painted my nails with Barry M's Ridley Road Textures Nail Paint, (the review can be found here). 

Once I let that dry, I experimented with painting aztec patterns on my nails and, after many variations, I came up with a pattern that was easy enough to do and looked quite nice, and here is the finished result!



Paint a quick top coat over the top to seal it and you're good to go! I will say, usung the pen over textured polish was harder than using it over normal nail paint, but I really like the colour! The pen was quite difficult to use, but that might be down to the textured polish. I will try it on normal polish and let you know!


What do you think? What patterns do you like to paint on your nails?

Just a cheeky little reminder- my blog now has it's own Facebook page- fancy! So click here to give it a like!

Also, I'm starting to get a little bit of bloggers block and don't wanna keep churning out the same content, so if there is anything you want me to blog about then please let me know!

Hope you're all okay!

4 comments:

  1. These look great! nice tutorial
    Meg xx

    peachpips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! yeah i'm not one for nail art but i just about managed this one! xx

      Delete
  2. Your nail design is beautiful.
    love it!

    ReplyDelete