Sunday 28 July 2013

New Textured Nails

I've been feeling like I need a change recently so I was mooching around Superdrug to see what different nail colours there was. I'm a bit of a nail bore. I stick to pinks and reds and I rarely bother with anything more than a block colour. But in the Barry M section, I came across this lovely blue/green colour. The bottle also said there was a texture to it. At first this put me off but then I realised I wanted something new so why not give it a go.

The texture was actually more subtle than I thought it was going to be which was a slight relief as it is a very bright colour (seriously, I swear it's gonna glow in the dark). It's quite a sandy texture, almost like those new nail decorations you can get than look like the 'Jazzies' you used to get in pick and mix. I wasn't sure whether a top coat might ruin the effect so I tried it on one nail and it almost blends in with the sand although I don't think it's a necessity because the point of the effect isn't to be shiny and reflective like normal polish. 

This is what it looked like and I was so happy with it that I had no choice but to Instagram it!

Follow me on Instagram
 





It's such a lovely summery colour and was a nice little change for me. It's Barry M Textured Nail Effect in Ridley Road and it was £3.99. Superdrug are doing a cheeky 3 for 2 across the Barry M nail collection at the moment so check it out! But do ensure you apply a base coat especially with the textured ones to keep your nails nice and protected.

If you've read my blog before, you might remember my promise to start taking better care of my nails and try and give up biting them and I'm proud to say I haven't been biting them and have kept them as well as I can so now I'm letting myself splurge on new colours as a treat!

If you are thinking of trying out some new nail art or you just fancy something new, Glamour have a really cute little gallery of tips and great ideas to try if you fancy a change. You can see that here

Have you tried any of the Nail Effects range from Barry M? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment