Monday 1 July 2013

Let's Get Musical...

So this is a Wish List with a difference. Like many poor music appreciators, I did not go to Glastonbury this weekend. Instead, I turned the living room lights down, switched on the surround sound and jumped around my house with it on the TV, with vast amounts of wine (I couldn't bring myself to have a beer, I was not that desperate to embrace the almost full festival experience), pretending I was there. With my parents. Needless to say, me and my Dad positioned ourselves in the living room half an hour early purely so we didn't miss The Rolling Stones. Well the hour of it they were allowed to show (I sound bitter. I'm really not. You don't pay £300 to stand in a muddy field to see a legendary set that would be broadcast in full from your sofa, I'm just jealous) but it cannot be denied that it was a bloody good hour, Keith Richards existence being my personal highlight, Mick Jagger's fur coat being a close second. 

Anyway, back to the point of this blog post. Summer is arguably the best time of year to spring clean your iTunes and fill your iPod to bursting for the endless lazing around and thus this post will consist of a selection of CD's I am going to spend my first pay packet on (yes I am a working girl now. At last).


Some of these are a bit cheeky as I already own them one way or another but I felt they deserved mentioning because they are great. They are indicated with a (*).


1. Kodaline- In a perfect World- perfect easy summer listening
2. Stereophonics- Graffiti on a Train- always been a bit of a fan
3. Tom Odell- Long Way Down- thought he was gonna be a bit of a Jake Bugg but pleasantly surprised
4. The Lumineers- The Lumineers- loved 'Ho Hay', loving the album
5. Imagine Dragons- Night Visions*- this was recommended by a friend, got my hands on it and love it
6. The Maccabees- Given to the Wild- took me ages to download anything by The Maccabees but now I'm a bit in love with them... such a lovely tone
7. Bastille- Bad Blood*- pretty much everyone I know has this album. It needs no justification.
8. The 1975- The 1975- not even released yet and it's on my list- 'Chocolate' is one of my songs of the year
9. Passenger- All the Little Lights- 'Let Her Go' is so beautiful, perfect for driving in the sun
10. Frank Turner- Tape Deck Heart- it's Frank Turner. Of course it's fabulous.
11. The Vaccines- Come of Age- I loved them last year, this album is just great.
12. Palma Violets- 180*- another recommendation, again perfect for driving

Yes, I know, a lot of these are quite similar. Yes, I know there is a distinct lack of 'girl power' for one so girlie but this summer I'm afraid it is all about the boys for me. Best get updating my iPod...

What do you think of this selection? Do you have any recommendations? I'm very versatile when it comes to music (I realise this list doesn't prove that, but trust me) so I don't doubt another, probably completely contrasting list shall be gracing my blog again in the near future.

Happy listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment