Wednesday 10 April 2013

This Weeks Fashion Finds

Finding cute little outfits that will be suitable for the Great British ‘Summer’ is one of life’s great challenges for many females out there. How do you wear this summer’s colours when you, like me, are not going anywhere but the rainy English coast if you’re lucky. This week, the dreary weather has made me crave some summer colour in my life so I did some online window shopping and came across these beauties that I will be snapping up as soon as I get my student loan. Not that I condone splurging all your cash on clothes, but I think after this miserable start to the spring, we all deserve a treat!

1) First up is this adorable little skater skirt: 

£16.99 New Look












The coral colour is perfect for spring/summer and the cut is one I have become a massive fan of, I already own 3 skater skirts but this is too cute to miss. There is also a sweet little floral pattern. It would look lovely with a little cream blouse or crop top.

2) What girl’s summer would be complete without a brand new playsuit?

£37.00 Miss Selfridge












 
Arguably a little daring, but very summery. The tribal print will definitely make sure you stand out! Ideal for a beach day trip if teaming with flip flops and a chunky cardy, easily transformed into a night outfit with a pair of heels or wedges. Bit pricey but an investment, tribal never fails to come back every year and the cut is flattering for most shapes.

3) I’ve been looking for a pair of brown gladiators for so long:

£35.00 Schuh













Yeah, they’re simple. But I for one am growing more and more irritated by the ridiculous creations some designers are putting out there. When it comes to footwear, I’m pretty simple minded. I want comfort but also style that isn’t going to be out of fashion a week after I’ve spent 30 odd quid on them. It was a breath of fresh air to find a pair of sandals that aren’t a health hazard or an eyesore. Although it would be nice to see a few little flat gold studs on them, these are timeless and definitely an investment you’ll be wearing for the next 5 years. Plus they will go with pretty much anything and anyone can pull them off.

4) That all important bikini:

Bikini Top £16.00 Topshop













 I absoloutely love this bikini. The florals are gorgeous and very summery you can’t really go wrong. This top provides support and is a flattering cut. There is also a string top in the same pattern although I couldn’t find the matching bottoms. This bikini is sure to brighten up even the rainiest of British summers.

5) That one pair of shorts you can’t live without:

Vintage 501 Levi cut offs £32 Urban Outfitters










As a self-confessed shorts addict (my mother had to ban me from buying them when my collection reached 25 pairs last year) it seemed only right to end this entry on a staple pair of cut off denim shorts that will last you for years. They really do go with everything and no matter how many daring, exciting, patterned pairs of shorts you buy, I guarantee you all have one pair of denim cut offs that you always go back to. These vintage Levi’s are the perfect pair of cut offs and considering the price of their jeans, £32 isn’t that bad.  

And so ends my first fashion entry. These pieces are all pretty simple and easy to wear by most. I could have been all fabulous and picked 5 of the most outrageous designs I could find, but I sense you, nor I, would ever wear some of those for fear of doing ourselves an injury or becoming a walking health hazard.

If you find any other must haves this week then let me know! Next week I’m on the hunt for a denim-look skater skirt and a cute little summer dress so watch this space.






No comments:

Post a Comment